NZTE Capability Development Vouchers are available to businesses to use as partial payment towards the cost of capability development and training in the following areas (the areas with a next to them are covered by our coaching):
- business planning
- business systems
- business sustainability
- capital raising
- lean manufacturing / business operations
- managing resources
To be eligible for a voucher a business must:
- be operating with 50 or fewer FTEs
- be GST registered in New Zealand
- be operating in a commercial environment – i.e. you’re currently trading
- be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
- have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
Business should also:
- have the potential and desire to grow
- demonstrate commitment to improving management capability – indicators of commitment include seeking advice, working through the assessment process, and a willingness to co-fund and commit time to capability-building activities
- have an identified gap in its capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
To access the Capability Development Vouchers you must first meet with your local Regional Business Partner.
Capability Development Vouchers are used to co-fund up to 50 percent of capability development training up to a maximum of $5,000 per year per business. The business must pay at least half of the training costs.